The White House plans to release a photo from the controversial New York City flyover of an Air Force One backup plane, despite earlier claims that there was no need to release any images.
The White House plans to soon release a photo from the controversial Air Force One-style flyover of Manhattan last week, despite claiming earlier that there was no need to release any official images from the incident.
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters Wednesday that an internal report will probably be completed this week.
“We’ll release its findings and release a photo,” he said.
That was after Gibbs indicated Tuesday that the White House would not release any images.
“I’ve watched CNN,” he said at the time, noting the considerable coverage from amateur footage. “I didn’t notice a lack of archival material from that flight.”
The flyover triggered panic among New Yorkers as well as the internal review by the Obama administration.